Mission, Vision & Values
Vision: Transformed lives through Christian quality health care
Mission: Supporting church Member Health Facilities to provide sustainable quality services
- Christ Centeredness: The organization recognizes the supremacy of Christ because success comes from seeking to glorify Christ. In a Christ-like manner, the UPMB staffs are stewards who provide services and any other activities with compassion.
- Value People: UPMB treasures human beings in the implementation of its programmes and strives to work with all people without discrimination.
- Team Work: UPMB values the strength of team work to achieve its goal. Its functional teams are built within the organization and among its partners to efficiently implement its programmes.
- Professionalism: UPMB Values honesty and integrity in their service delivery, and strive to do the right thing at all times, and are willing to learn from others.
- Integrity: UPMB values and ensures that the actions of the staff are aligned with the organizational principles, where professionalism is matched with the spiritual or inner being of the staff. This involves staff doing what the organization agreed to do and taking responsibility where things go wrong, speaking the truth, no matter how unpopular it is and trusting and adhering to the intuitions rules and regulation.
- Time Management: UPMB cherishes time in health service delivery and believes in managing time effectively so that the right time is allocated to the right activity but more importantly serving their clients on time.
Goal: To improve the health status of communities through provision of Christian based quality health care
Who We Are
UPMB is the Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau, the coordinating body for the Protestant Health Services in Uganda. UPMB is a network of over 256 faith-based health institutions in Uganda. Founded in 1957 to server as a liaison between the Government of Uganda, donors and member hospitals, UPMB now serves as a National umbrella organization with a wider mandate and membership from all over the country.
UPMB members provide promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative health care to Ugandan people regardless of ethnicity, religious creed, gender and socio-economic status. Approximately 80% of the member institutions are located in rural and poor communities. Like other private non-for-profit health service providers, these units represent an important social asset for the communities in which they are located as they have grown out of initiatives of congregations to address a self determined or identified need. UPMB works with the jointly owned Joint Medical Stores (J.M.S) to increase accessibility to drugs and medical supplies for member units.
The UPMB secretariat is located on Plot 877 Balintuma Road in Kampala. The secretariat houses, in addition to its offices, an optical unit.